Rules of Origin (RoO) continue to come up as a critical theme for Brexit and are a concern for many businesses. Morten Petersen and I presented during a briefing organised and hosted by BritishAmerican Business.
The session covered:
- An introduction to rules of origin;
- Impact of RoOs on integrated supply chains;
- How will Brexit change the current trading environment;
- Key Brexit considerations: what type of RoOs should the UK include in future agreements and what questions on RoOs is the UK Government currently asking;
- RoO in EU trade agreements and challenges for the UK roll-over of EU trade agreements;
- Explaining the future role of Brussels in UK policy environment;
- How to engage in the EU;
- Managing the new dynamics and avoid the traps.